Hospitalist Jobs in Utah
Sunday · June 17, 2018
1 Job in The Beehive State
Photo: Aerial view of Salt Lake City on a cool Fall day.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent hospitalist job (Vernal) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- CME Reimbursement.
- Spend your days off exploring and experiencing all there is to see and do in this scenic and awe-inspiring setting.
- The hospital has a modern, 4-bed ICU (including an isolation room) and Telemetry beds.
- The hospitalists' daily census typically ranges from 5-20 patients (average around 10).
- This could be just the place for you!
- We have a regional airport with regular service to Salt Lake City and other destinations.
- Ask us about the Private Practice Option (with a Professional Services Agreement between you and the hospital) which may be more lucrative for you, but we are also open to Hospital employment.
- Candidate should have skills and experience with basic procedures such as central lines (Anesthesia back-up available), intubations (Surgery back-up available) and Vent/ICU patient management (assistance from TeleIntensivist from University of Utah available 24-hours).
- Work in a home-town hospital setting with capable and friendly physicians, nurses and technicians who care about the people they serve.
- Compensation terms will be competitive but will depend on which option you choose.
- And a seemingly endless variety of outdoor activities to fill your leisure time-- including mountain biking, white water rafting, hiking, hunting, fishing, camping, ATV riding, water skiing, etc.
- A strong economy over the past decade has allowed us to enlarge the community's infrastructure with 3 new schools, new Community/Recreation complex, new Courthouse and Public Safety buildings.
- Sign-on Bonus.
- Situated in a beautiful valley in the corner of northeastern Utah, this is an area that abounds in both natural beauty and family-friendly living.
- Vernal is a community of about 13,000 (with a service area around 40,000) located in the northeast corner of Utah, less than 30 miles from the Colorado border.
- Ashley Regional Medical Center is a Joint Commission accredited, 39-bed community hospital with advanced imaging (including on-site MRI and 63-slice CT) and an award winning staff.
- We offer block scheduling with 24 hour shifts (about 10 hours on-site).
- Utah State University, with a new regional campus offering Bachelor to Doctoral programs, and the Uintah Basin Applied Technology College, boast new, state-of-the-art educational facilities and programs.
- We see more than 12,000 patients per year in our Emergency Department, and deliver around 400 babies.
- Relocation Reimbursement.
- Our ER docs normally admit at night with the hospitalist making rounds the next morning.
- Loan Repayment Assistance.
- Vernal's setting is rural and ideal for.
- Within minutes of Vernal you'll find breathtaking vistas (Flaming Gorge National Recreation Area is under an hour).
- MedHost EMR on inpatient floors.
- We're looking for BC/BE FP or IM with hospitalist training or experience, willing to do 10-to-12, 24-hour shifts per month.
- Take a couple of minutes to view the videos at and then.
- We handle trauma, but no head trauma or complex trauma.
- We're only two hours from world famous Park City's entertainment and ski slopes.
- At Ashley Regional Medical Center in Vernal, Utah, you can have both.
- This truly is an outdoor paradise, with a dry climate and more than 300 days of sunshine per year.
- Some of the world's most fascinating dinosaur quarries.
- Physician - Hospitalist Job in Vernal, UT.
- Find balance in life-- a rewarding, manageable hospitalist position AND time to spend with family or friends in an outdoor adventureland!
- We're about 3 hours from Salt Lake City with its international airport, professional basketball and soccer, and world-class musical offerings.
This perm job opening was posted
2 weeks ago